Thursday, April 30, 2009

Trip to South Dakota..


Grandad Brown and Lucky making Car Ramps






Helping Gramma plant on Mother's Day






Lucky at the Circus with Gramma and Uncle Rubin..







Lucky Gambling at Grandad's house







At Dinosaur Park with Papa Rowe



In April, Lil Lucky and I went back to SD for some family time.. Luck was unable to come with us, because the poor guy had to go TDY.. He had to go to Vegas (he drove there) for work for 2 weeks.. So we decided to head home to see the family since it had been awhile since we had seen many of them..
While we were home, we spent some time with Gramma (Brown's) class.. She works with Special Ed. High Schoolers.. He now has a new uncle Rubin.. Gramma and her class took us to the Circus and we had floor seats, he also got to ride a school bus for the first time (thanks Ms Penny) while Gramma's students delivered Meals on Wheels.. He also attended his first play Jungle Book (not the Disney one) and did really well.. He lasted 75 of the 90 minutes.. I was very impressed..
He also went to see his Grandma and Papa Rowe.. He loves water so they let him take a dip in their "hot pool." Both Lucky and I got our first ride in a Semi Truck.. It was super cool.. It was only back and forth in the parking lot but it was great.. We hit Dinosaur Park a local favorite (I still love it) and climbed up the hill slide down the dinosaurs.. It has a great view of the city too..
Grandad Brown and Lucky played cars almost every night.. Grandad would make ramps for Lucky and they would race the cars down it.. Lucky also won his first jackpot... But he made common mistake, didn't walk always with his winnings.. (great video)...
We were also able to see and play with Great Grandpa Rowe and visit Great Grandma Rowe, too.. Grandpa can still beat me in cribbage but it was close both times.. First game we both were one from going out.. Grandpa said it was a first for him he thought..

We also headed out to see Great Grandma LaRoche in New Underwood.. It was nice to see her again too...
We stayed in RC for Mother's Day which was great.. Lucky help Grandma and I plant the front flower bed.. Something we started when I was in grade school.. Every year we would plant the flower bed together.. It was nice to be able to do that again with Mom...
But before we knew it... It was time to drive back home.. It is about a 700 mile trip and we drove it straight.. Thank goodness for books on CD.. And of course, the DVD player for Lucky.. He is a great traveler..
I know more happened so sorry if I left anything out.. We had a great trip...
~Heather

No comments: