Saturday, October 24, 2009

Dinosaur Park Spooky Oooky Halloween and update on us


Mommy is now a Mad Scientist.. As most of you know we are in the process of job changes.. Luck back isn't getting better so he is in the middle of a medical board hearing to decide what the military can do for him as far as career wise.. He will not be reenlisting.. We are hoping the will medically retire him due to his on going back issues.. It has just become too much for him to work up to his standard of that he would like to give to our country and his job..





He can't continue to work 12 hours and still function.. He is in constant pain and we are hoping that this will help.. So are hopes is that between the active military part, his VA disability, and maybe both of us working part time it will be enough.. My hope is that both of us will only have to work part time and hopefully enjoyable jobs.. We still want to be able to not put Lucky in daycare so that is why we are looking for part time jobs that can do that.. So if both of us got part time we could still spent time as a family but also bring home money.. Since we don't know what will happen ( we thought we would know by now), I started looking just to see what was out there.. Here is the link for the job I got as a Mad Scientist..


http://www.madscience.org/locations/greatersaltlake/

I was offered the job on Tuesday after interview that day and had my first training day on Saturday at Dinosaur Park making Dinosaur snot.. It was really cool and I look forward to teaching children that science can be fun and cool.. The next few months

will be here and there as far as work, which is PREFECT.
I will teach afterschool programs, science Saturdays, do birthday parties, summer camps, and other special events.. I am very excited and look forward to the new year..






As far as Luck back goes, the pain doctors have been trying to find what nerves are causing all his pain.. On Monday Nov. 2 they will be killing these nerves (I am sure their is a proper name) in hopes to solve some of his pain.. I am sure hoping this will help.. No one wants to see their love one in as much pain as he was been for the last two years.. We will keep you updates..


(Lucky and Daddy watching out for Dinosaur that might have got loose..)


As far as our little Dinosaur goes, he is doing GREAT.. We are now potty trained.. (not in this pic, since I am pre-dating this for the day it happened not when I post) We had our first accident while I was trying to post this blog.. He still is working on the #2 potty but we are happy with where we are... He now can count and we have been working on ABC.. As of right now, I think we will hold off on preschool til the fall or later.. I check out what they are teaching and I am doing that at home.. So why pay.. But in a few months might be different depend on the whole job thing.. He gets social interaction thank to my mom group.. He loves books so we read several times daily.. I might try the library story time again so he can learn about sitting still.. LOL

(Lucky sporting both his Dinosaur and Monkey backpack..)


Other big news... Lucky and his girl friend Jilly are learning how to play together finally.. He both are reserved but now they are just the cutest to watch.. They are best buddies.. (Good thing their Mommies are best friends too..) They even had their first hug and kiss.. It was so cute and shocking, knowing both of them.. I don't think the Daddies thought it was as cute as the Mommies did but they weren't their.. Jilly even said the other weekend when her Daddy ask her who she wanted to jump with in their tramp (normally she picks one of her animals-small indoor tramp) and she said Lucky.. It shocked her Daddy (Richard) and Mommy (Jamie)..


We hope everyone is doing well and you survived my long blog posting..
Hope you had a great Halloween (remember I redate these-it is really Nov 1) and a safe and happy holiday season if I don't talk to you before..














No comments: