Monday, July 12, 2010

Out with the old, in with the new..


Sometimes saying goodbye isn't a bad thing.. In July, we traded in our 1991 jeep for a newer model.. The week before I had my first run in with the Utah Highway Patrol.. It was super fun.. I normally never drive the big jeep, But that day I did.. On my way to meet Lucky, Luck, and my mom for lunch I was driving in Ogden and got pulled over.. I wasn't doing anything wrong, just in the wrong part of town I guess... I think the cop thought I was sell something or myself.
I received a repair ticket for the big tires and a warning for the mud flaps. I had 2 weeks to fix it.. We didn't want to put more money into the jeep since Luck has a hard time getting into it with his back. It would have cost us close to $500 to fix it. We decided the best thing was just to sell it now instead of in a few months.. We didn't feel comfortable selling it to anyone since we knew it needed work so our best bet was to trade it in.. So we decided one afternoon to start looking and by 8 pm we were driving home in our new jeep..

We even got the dealer to detail both the camero and the jeep renegade for free.. (my idea).. I was beyond excited about that..


So this is Luck's new toy.. We are happy to have a jeep with warranty..
We bought a 2010 Jeep Wrangler, mountaineer. Oregon University colors - orange and black-(Go Beavers)... What we love about it most I think is that the top is so easy to take off.. It comes off in 3 pieces. We were even able to take the front part of the top off while we were at the drive-in that weekend.. (it makes it kind of like a t-top..)
It rides much nicer then the big jeep.. I used to have a blue jeep similar to this one when we lived in SD so we are happy to welcome it to our family...
PS.. Lucky LOVES it..

(both of them)
:)


No comments: