Saturday, August 28, 2010

Flowers


-----------------------------------------------------------------------
(this is a picture of the beautiful flowers my Mom Beth and Dad Dave sent me...What a wonderful surprise- the card read-- The perfect job will show up. We think you are the greatest. Love, Mom and Dad---- so from your lips to GOD'S or anyone else that can help me ---EARS)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
As many of you know I have been trying all summer to find a full time job. Utah has some weird LAWS and one of them includes pharmacy techs. I have been a certified pharmacy tech nationally since 2000 and started working as a pharmacy tech in 1998. I didn't work pharmacy while in Japan since I couldn't I did volunteer at the end and I haven't worked pharmacy since Lucky was born. Add all my pharmacy time up I have worked over 5 years as a tech and been certified nationally for 10 years.. But I can't work here since I don't have "formal pharmacy tech training" so I would pretty much have to start over and go to school or here is the killer one.. PAY a company to let me work for them for FREE for 180 hours plus PAY them plus then PAY the state more money.. AWESOME..
But what I can do is work for the government.. Long story short.. There was VA job in Salt Lake City that opened up so I applied.. It ended up being a OR pharmacy job which I was beyond excited about and interview great I thought. The pharmacy manager commented on how I probably knew more then they did since it was all new to them and I have worked both in a surgery center satellite and or satellite pharmacy.. I was beyond excited with how things went..
So for the last 2 weeks I have been waiting to find out.. <<>> Anyway I got an email last Sunday saying I didn't get one of the positions, their were 2. So I called and they told me that yes the swing shift had been filed but the other one hadn't (and that was the one I thought I would get anyway).. So after waiting another week to find out I finally called.. They called me back (while I was at my other job) and I found out I didn't get it.. And to top it off, I had to act as if nothing had happened since I was at work and I couldn't say anything to them, new job and all..
So two hours later I was finally able to let it out.. I was BEYOND HEARTBROKEN.. Finding a FULL TIME job with benefits has been HORRIBLE STRESSFULL... I just thought that MAYBE we would finally get so GOOD LUCK.. But NO... So I am still looking for a full time job..
But today, a funny thing happened.. While looking for a job I found that Hill AFB has an open contract position that just open (5 miles (20 minutes)from us verses 35miles (60 minutes)-----TODAY----.. So I applied but since I haven't worked in the last 3 years-36 months,but it has been less then four ( so really 3 years), I am not sure if I will qualify since that is one of the things they stated.. So FINGERS CROSSED once again.. I have volunteered for the base hospital while in Japan so maybe that will help.. Plus I think it would be much better for them to hire a person that know the military pharmacy system then some civilian..
So it is time to start praying or doing a job dance or what every it takes to send some GOOD LUCK our way, PLEASE.. Thanks in advance...
On a side note, I have lost 15 lbs thanks to all this stress.. The same 15 lbs I put on since Luck hurt is back..
Sending our LOVE..
~Love Heather, Lucky, and Luck

No comments: