Monday, June 7, 2010

1st Swim Class June 7th 2010


Lucky had his first swimming lesson on monday June 7th... He loves water but this was a whole new experience since Mommy wasn't in the water.. He is the youngest in the class but I felt it was important for him to take swim lesson since I have been in the water since I was a baby.. My mom taught me how to swim since she was a swim instructor.. I have taught him some basic over the years but he is learning so much in these class.. His instructor is AMAZING.. He gets such hands on experience.. The class started with 6 and on Friday we had 2..
These pictures are from his first class.. I had wondered how much he could learn in 30 minutes since he seems to spend 10 minutes of it getting use to the water.. (I fixed that problem on Friday since Thuresdays class was a bust) FYI WATER IS WET.. that is what Lucky told me and Natasha and anyone who would listen.. Since we get their early anyway, I ask if it was ok for me to get into the pool with him in an area that no one is and get him use to the water.. They told me yes and if I wanted I could get in the pool during swim lesson.. But I don't want to since I want him to learn from the teacher..
He is having a great time and is learning alot.. He is super excited about swimming lesson.. I told him we could put up the big pool if he learned and did really will in swim lesson.. (this was after his set back on Thursday-- he didn't have a good night on Wednesday so I know that is why)..
I am super excited about swimming this summer.. I know he will love the pool as much as Mommy does.. I have always LOVED WATER.. I tease Luck that maybe we should get him swim lesson since he doesn't like water... Childhood accident...Tubing the Columbia River + 17 year that can't swim = lack of love for the water...


No comments: