Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pre-Halloween in Utah
















We started preparing for Halloween weeks before.. First we had a Halloween party for my Mom's group on the 18th. Pictures in last post. Then the next week, we went down to Salt Lake City, about 45 minute drive, to go to Boo in the Zoo.. I thought this would be a FUN thing to do.. Well, not to self, we aren't doing this next year.. We followed the GPS which lead us the weirdest way.. As we turned onto the road that it was on, I got this O S*** look on my face.. The GPS told us it was still about .6 miles but u could see families walking with their little ones in costume.. Then Lucky looked at me with this are you kidding me look.. That is saying it nice.. All I could say was I had no idea.. I think we waited on that street almost as long as it took us to get there.. But we drove all this way, so we need to go.. Since we had never been to the zoo in Salt Lake and the last zoo we went to was Omaha.. We were very disappointed.. But we didn't go there for us.. We went there for the Lil Lucky.. After we found parking, we dressed him up in his Dragon Costume at headed for a few hours of fun..
We walked around looking at all the animals and watching children Trick or Treat.. We decided to pass on the treat part for the most part.. Because my wise husband said, lets just spend $2 and buy a bag of candy.. I just laughed.. It was true.. I didn't want to stand in a line for 10 minutes to get a piece of candy.. It was crazy.. After the zoo, we headed to the Mac. Grill for some lunch since it was 3 and we hadn't had lunch since we had planned on stopping on the way to SLC but didn't see much the way the GPS took us..
A few days before Halloween, my Mom's Group got together to go visit the "grandparents" in the Nursing Home.. We thought it would be nice get the little ones dressed up and parade around the Nursing Home.. We had a great time.. And I know so did all the "grandparents."
I will try to post the Halloween pictures in the next few days with another blog..
Hope everyone had a nice Halloween..
Also, check out the new pics and video on snapfish..
From Utah..
Luck, Heather, and Lil. Lucky

No comments: